Did You Know -- Facts About Chiropractic Care
Facts about chiropractors, compiled by your Long Beach Chiropractor, Dr. Bob Benaderet
- Chiropractors Undergo A Rigorous Course of Study: To receive the doctor of chiropractic degree, candidates must complete extensive undergraduate prerequisites plus four years of graduate-level instruction and internship at an accredited chiropractic institution. Comprehensive knowledge of all systems of the body and diagnostic procedures enable the doctor of chiropractic to thoroughly evaluate a patient, address disorders relating to the spine and determine the need for referral to another health care provider.
- Chiropractors Gets You Back To Work Sooner: In 1971, the Oregon Workers' Compensation Study showed that people under chiropractic care were able to return to work in half the time as those receiving medical care -- and their chiropractic costs were less than 25% of medical costs.
- Chiropractors Have Advantages Over Other Methods: Chiropractic care showed a distinct advantage over medical doctor care for low back pain and disabilityJournal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Haas et al (2004).
- Chiropractic Is Extremely Popular: Tens of millions of Americans routinely opt for chiropractic services, and this number is rapidly growing. In 1993, more than 30 million consumers made chiropractic a regular part of their health care program.
- Chiropractic Is Often Superior To Medical Care: The Ontario government commissioned a study on chiropractic that analyzed all available clinical studies, statistics and other pertinent data. The results: they found that there was an "overwhelming body of evidence" that chiropractic was superior, more therapeutically effective, cost efficient, safer, more scientifically based and had a much higher level of patient satisfaction than medical care.
- Chiropractors Reduces Disability Time: In 1986 the Florida Workers' Compensation Study showed that the duration of disability was 51.3% shorter for chiropractic patients, and the cost of chiropractic care was 58.8% less than medical care.
- Chiropractic Users Are Highly Satisfied: In 1991 a Gallop Poll revealed that 90% of chiropractic users felt their treatment was effective. A report in the Western Journal of Medicine (March, 1989) stated that patients of Chiropractors were 3 times more satisfied with their care than patients of family practice medical doctors.
- Chiropractors Study At The Best Schools: The most California chiropractors have studied at well-regarded institutions, including the Southern California University of Health Sciences. These institutions’ rigorous, hands-on approach to chiropractic education has led to unparalleled recognition by accrediting agencies and tremendous career success for their alumni.
- Chiropractic Help TMJ Concerns: A recent study has concluded that chiropractic adjustments can help reduce pain and increase the range of motion of the TMJ. This study only strengthens the correlation between the reduction of jaw pain and chiropractic care
- Exercise Combined With Care By Chiropractors Speeds Recovery: A recent study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics has found that Use of exercise in conjunction with manipulation is likely to speed and improve outcomes as well as minimize episodic recurrence.
- Fibromyalgia Helped with Activity: A recent review of articles resulted in strong evidence that supports aerobic exercise and cognitive behavioral therapy for the treatment of fibromyalgia.